SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education)
At Parish CE Primary School, we are aware that the personal development of children - spiritually, morally, socially and culturally (SMSC) - plays a highly significant role in their ability to learn, achieve and be happy individuals.
On a daily basis, we aim to equip children with opportunities to explore and develop:
- their own spiritual awareness;
- a sense of ‘right and wrong’
- high standards of personal behaviour;
- a positive, caring and respectful attitude towards other people;
- their own values and beliefs;
We use the SMSC ‘Grid-maker’ tracker to ensure full curriculum coverage in this area.
The following are examples of activities and events to support each aspect of SMSC: