Year 2 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Year 2!
Mr Hardy, Mrs Clarkson and Mrs Longworth are excited about the year of fun and learning ahead and we will make sure we keep this page updated with news, photos and top tips for you to share with your child as the year progresses!
Keep up to date with our class progress on Twitter too, by following @parishschool1 and @MrHardy17
Home Learning Packs:
Remember to keep up with your learning at home, using our suggested timetable below.
Share your brilliant work on Twitter and by emailing email@example.com.
Keeping Safe Online During Home Learning:
Thinkuknow is a fantastic website to remember how to keep safe online. Click on the link to have a look 😊 Also think about what Tag the mouse would have done it your E-Aware lessons, in school. Think of what you have learnt about:
- What private information is.
- How much time you should spend online.
- What to share online.
While using the internet at home, if you have a problem online remember, you can:
- Tell a trusted grown up at home.
- CEOP – the CEOP button in case of emergency.
- Childline - for support, should you need it.
- UK Safer Internet Centre - to report and remove harmful online content.
Further support, solely for parents and carers to keep their children safe online, is provided on Parish Internet Safety page. In addition to this, further guidance can be found at
- E-Aware Videos (E-Aware Parent Videos) – support for use on online platforms.
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
REMEMBER! Keep those maths and spelling skills sharp by going on Spelling Frame, Times Table Rockstars and practising your Word List Spellings.
Children also enjoy practicing their multiplication and division facts on hit the button. Please click the link below play along at home!
New to school! Hit the link below to access timestable Rock Stars!!!
KEY STAGE 1 SATs
Please find some useful information below that was shared at our parent's meeting. There is also a useful guide for parents. This can be accessed by clicking the image below.
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Blog items
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display